課程名稱：通訊技術與應用 (Communication Technology and Its applications)
A set of lecture notes will be provided on my personal website. You may obtain the newest version of the lecture notes from http://web.ntpu.edu.tw /~yshan/welcome.html. The following is a list of recommended references:
1. Channel Coding for Telecommunications, Martin Bossert, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
2. Turbo Codes — Principles and Applications, B. Vucetic and J. Yuan, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000.
Error-Control Coding for Data Networks,
Students’ final grades for this course are based on their performances in final project reports on problems in the coding theory research area, and up to 120-minute oral presentations on their reports. Students will be asked to attend every lecture in order to learn the advance topics of decoding.
1. Soft-decision decoding for linear block codes
2. Introduction to convolutional codes
3. Sequential decoding of binary convolutional codes
4. Turbo decoding