Course Title：現代編碼技術 (Modern Coding Technology)
Instructor；韓永祥 (Yunghsiang S. Han)
Course goal：To teach students coding scheme used in communication applications
Final grade：midterm project: 40%, final project: 40%, attendance rate: 20%
A set of lecture notes will be provided on my personal website. You may obtain the newest version of the lecture notes from http://ct.ee.ntust.edu.tw/welcome.html. The following is a list of recommended references:
1. Channel Coding for Telecommunications, Martin Bossert, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
2. Turbo Codes — Principles and Applications, B. Vucetic and J. Yuan, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000.
3. Channel Codes: Classical and Modern, W. E. Ryan and S. Lin, New York , NY: Cambridge University Press, 2009.
4. Error Correction Coding: Mathematical Methods and Algorithms, T. K. Moon, Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2005.
Students’ final grades for this course are based on their performances in midterm project reports, final project reports on problems in the coding theory research area, and up to 30-minute oral presentations on their reports. Students will be asked to attend every lecture in order to learn the advance topics of decoding.
Outline of lectures：
1. Decoding of BCH/RS codes
2. Low density parity-check codes
3. Soft-decision decoding for linear block codes
4. Introduction to convolutional codes
5. Sequential decoding of binary convolutional codes
6. Turbo decoding
Office Hour: 14:20-16:20 Monday
Last Updated: 1/4/2016