Course Title：現代編碼技術 (Modern Coding Technology)
Instructor：韓永祥 (Yunghsiang S. Han)
Course goal：To teach students coding scheme using in communication applications
Final grade：midterm project: 40%, final project: 40%, attendance rate: 20%
A set of lecture notes will be provided on my personal website. You may obtain the newest version of the lecture notes from http://ct.ee.ntust.edu.tw/welcome.html. The following is a list of recommended references:
1. Channel Coding for Telecommunications, Martin Bossert, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
2. Turbo Codes — Principles and Applications, B. Vucetic and J. Yuan, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000.
3. Error-Control Coding for Data Networks, I. S. Reed and X. Chen, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999.
Students’final grades for this course are based on their performances in midterm project reports , final project reports on problems in the coding theory research area, and up to 30-minute oral presentations on their reports. Students will be asked to attend every lecture in order to learn the advance topics of decoding.
Outline of lectures：
1. Soft-decision decoding for linear block codes
2. Low density parity-check codes
3. Introduction to convolutional codes
4. Sequential decoding of binary convolutional codes
5. Turbo decoding
Office Hour: 1:30-2:30 Wednesday and 11:00-12:00 Thursday
Last Updated: 2/15/2012