課程名稱：高等編碼理論 (Advanced Coding Theory)
A set of lecture notes will be provided on my personal website. You may obtain the newest version of the lecture notes from http://web.ntpu.edu.tw /~yshan/welcome.html. The following is a list of recommended references:
1. Channel Coding for Telecommunications, Martin Bossert, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
2. Turbo Codes — Principles and Applications, B. Vucetic and J. Yuan, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000.
3. Error-Control Coding for Data Networks, I. S. Reed and X. Chen, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999.
Students’final grades for this course are based on their performances in midterm project reports , final project reports on problems in the coding theory research area, and up to 120-minute oral presentations on their reports. Students will be asked to attend every lecture in order to learn the advance topics of decoding.
1. Soft-decision decoding for linear block codes
2. Introduction to convolutional codes
3. Sequential decoding of binary convolutional codes
4. Turbo decoding